Search This Blog

Baby Clothes Quilt

>> Friday, June 3, 2011









I recently had a quilt made out of baby clothes for each of my sons. I have a hard time getting rid of things with sentimental value (and to me everything is sentimental!), especially baby items. I can remember when I got each article of clothing and when my babies wore it. So the clothes mean alot to me. Yet, I can't really enjoy them when they are tucked away in tubs. So I saw the idea of making quilts out of baby clothes a couple of years ago and recently decided I was ready to do it. I did some googling and found some sources, but the costs were crazy. As much as $650 for a twin sized quilt. I did want a larger quilt than a throw, but I thought that price was steep. I went to etsy.com and found several sellers who made similar items. I read reviews and sent a couple of emails to one particular seller. I shipped my baby clothes off to her right before Easter and got my quilts back last week. They are absolutely amazing. She did such a wonderful job and the price for both was less than I would have paid for one from other sources. She also really listened to what I wanted and communicated with me every step of the way. Her attention to detail with collars, pockets, buttons, etc. was so impressive. I couldn't be happier with the quilts! My husband was also impressed, but he asked if I was sad that we cut up the clothes. I really am not. I did keep maybe 5 outfits intact, but to me this quilt is so much better than 30 outfits. I think it is a real keepsake. The pictures do not come close to fully representing how beautiful it is in real life.

Here is the link to the seller's shop. The last picture above is a collage of different parts of the quilts. The first one my son took of me with a quilt, attempting to show the height. I'm about 5'3''.

Post a Comment